Monday, January 4, 2016

Good Day Deed Diary and Suggestions

I told a friend that I planned to perform one good deed each day in 2016.  They immediately asked me how I was going to prove it.  I mentioned this blog and they responded, “Al, you can barely stay awake at night!  Do you expect to type a new blog post every day?”

Good point.

It’s not my intention to write a separate post for each good deed performed.  Four days have already past and while every deed is important and helped someone out in some capacity, neither were probably worthy of a full wordy blog post.  And I have a tough time keeping my words to a minimum.  J

My friend then asked another good question.  “You’re asking other people to do good deeds as well.  Are you going to assign a good deed for them to perform each day?  What if they don’t encounter sweet elderly ladies dressed in purple?”

I explained that while I intend to post a Good Day Deed suggestion every morning via Twitter and Facebook, it was by no means a demand that THAT deed had to be performed on that day.  She suggested that I compose a list of suggested deeds that others could refer to for inspiration.

So I based on this discussion, and my friend’s unintended good deed towards me, I decided to add a couple of pages to this blog.  If you look on top, your see a link to two pages.  One is “Good Day Deed Diary” and the other is “Good Day Deed Suggestions.”

The diary will be an account of what my good deed was for the day.  If I have an experience that’s worthy of special mention, I’ll definitely write a blog post devoted to such.  Otherwise, I’ll summarize in the diary.

The suggestions will be a list as I come up with them or as I am presented with suggestions by others.  You’ll note that the first suggestions actually came from my friend Maureen Churchill’s blog post, “40 Good Days,” which I’ve already referenced enough times to make Ms Churchill blush.  Still, it was a good list of suggestions and certainly worthy of heading up my list.

I encourage you to keep your own diary and share with me some of your experiences and suggestions.  Your efforts can be inspiring to others.  Remember that inspiration is not meant for one person only…but for one person, then the next, and then the next.


You can email your stories or suggestions at GoodDayDeed@outlook.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment